Rehabilitation Engineering and Assistive Technology Society of North America
We Move You Forward with the Right Mobility Solution
The most appropriate mobility device and seating system will be recommended to maximize independence in Mobility Related Activities of Daily Living (MRADLs) skills by:
- Working as a team with patients, families, caregivers, physicians, therapists, and Assistive Technology Professionals (ATPs) to evaluate specific medical and functional needs
- Assessing environmental barriers and accessibility where mobility is needed
- Re-evaluating patient needs when there is a change in medical condition warranting upgrades to current equipment. Equipment modification assessments are completed as needed.
Outpatient Wheelchair Services
We offer wheelchair services in the comfort of individuals’ home or within our outpatient clinic. The wheelchair clinic allows our specialists to evaluate wheelchair, seating and assistive technology needs, and complete mobility trials and training on site. Arrangements can be made to trial products to ensure the most appropriate equipment is recommended. In addition, we duplicate these same services within the home to ensure environmental compatibility and success of the end user. Our specialists complete mobility trials to ensure individuals can operate the equipment safely and functionally within their home.
- Wheelchair and Rehab Seating Evaluations
- Home Assessments & In-Home Trials
- Patient and Caregiver Training
- Medicare Consulting
- Complete up-to-date Medicare Documentation
- Activities of daily living / MRADLs
- Current & past use of equipment
- Environmental barriers and accessibility
- Seating measurements
- Physical & functional skills
- Skin integrity
- Cognitive & visual perception skills
Seating Solutions Quality Care Standards for DME Services
Seating Solutions takes pride in working as a team with qualified and reputable durable medical equipment (DME) suppliers in the Jacksonville area. The DME providers who supply Manual Wheelchairs, Power Mobility Devices (PMDs), Complex Rehabilitative Seating, Assistive Technologies and other high-end rehab DME, must carry-out the appropriate level of care and services to our patients. Seating Solutions must verify that each provider meets our practice’s Quality Care Standards.
Because Seating Solutions works closely with patients, families, caregivers, physician groups and multiple referral sources, we ensure DME suppliers on our team are committed to providing excellent patient care. To ensure our patients are taken care of before-and-after the sale of equipment, Seating Solutions works with DME providers who have local full service sites for Duval, Clay and St. Johns counties.
Who are our Local Rehab DME Providers:
The following Rehab DME suppliers employ an ATP (Assistive Technology Professional) on staff. This is a Medicare requirement for coverage of Rehab Power Mobility Devices, Group 2 (single power option and above) beginning April 2008. Refer to the FAQ page for more information or send us email inquiry.
- Barnes Healthcare Services (904) 301-1050 | barneshc.com
- Fletchers Medical Supplies (904) 387-4481 | fletchersmedical.com
- Gator Custom Mobility (352) 373-9673 | gatorcustom.com
- Medco, Inc. (904) 264-8154 | medcoinc.com
- Wheelchairs Plus (904) 779-5603 | wheelchairsplusonline.com
Refer to the FAQ page for more information or send us email inquiry.